Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist (Erick Flores)
United States, San Mateo, CA
PlayStation GlobalErkunde die neue Generation von PlayStation 4- und PS5-Konsolen – erlebe immersives Gaming mit Tausenden Spiele-Hits aus allen Genres, die die Regeln für das, was eine PlayStation-Konsole kann, neu schreiben.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Locations: Aliso Viejo, CA - London - Berlin - San Mateo, CA
Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist interested in pushing the limits of science and technology within our game streaming division. This position will work within our Data Science team and will collaborate to develop AI solutions for our streaming technology. As a member of our team, you will work on computer vision and image processing projects that will go into making video smoother, crisper and with low latency. The position is a fusion of both production and R&D projects that ensures the work is both challenging and fast paced.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished engineer that is passionate about inventing novel ways to improve video quality.
What do you know?
- Strong knowledge in low-level graphics programming (i.e. OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL, HLSL, Vulkan)
- Experience developing solutions for embedded systems and SoCs, big plus on low latency edge AI on a constrained environment
- Strong understanding of internals of video codecs like h.264, HVEC, etc
- Strong proficiency in one or more object oriented languages such as Python and C/C++
- Strong understanding of video quality metrics
- Knowledge of deep learning with special emphasis on CNNs
- Experience using machine learning frameworks including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn.
- Good knowledge of general supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Proven industry experience on digital image processing
Who are you?
- You are innovative and fearless when tackling difficult problems
- Talented, curious, passionate and inventive in representative parts
- You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate that may make you reconsider.
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- 5+ years of industry or research experience in (one or multiple areas) Image/Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia and Data Science
What will you do?
- Develop state of the art AI image improvement techniques
- Analyze system performance, improve efficiency, stability and scalability
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy and engineering
- Build proof of concepts to test theories and use the findings to develop a video improvement technique
- Keep up with relevant research to apply and apply it to our streaming product
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Other jobs like this
Workplace Health and Safety Data Scientist, Safety SentimentAgile AWS Data visualization EC2 Engineering Lambda Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research +4
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Senior Data Scientist - AlgorithmsA/B testing Airflow Computer Vision Data Mining Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Machine Learning ML Model training +9
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours +6
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs