Solution & Data Architect
Somerville, MA USA
Flagship Pioneering, Inc.We create breakthroughs in human health and sustainability and build bioplatform companies . Companies founded
Company Summary: Cellarity's mission is to bring breakthrough medicines to patients by completely redefining the way drugs are discovered. Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017, Cellarity is designing medicines against the cell as opposed to a single molecular target. The company has developed a unique combination of expertise across network biology, high-resolution data, and machine learning to unlock new treatment options in a vast array of disease areas. Cellarity currently has drug discovery programs underway in metabolic disease, hematology, immuno-oncology and respiratory disease. The company has raised $123 million as part of a Series B funding round with contributions from world renown investors such as Blackrock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet, alongside Flagship Pioneering.
What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
What this position is all about: We are seeking a creative and motivated Solution & Data Architect to help build the advanced computational platform required to achieve our ambitious goals. A successful candidate will work closely with ML scientists and computational data science teams to implement a scalable platform that rapidly advances our scientific programs.
What you would be responsible for:
- Develop a comprehensive architecture capable of supporting various data types (structured, semi-structured, unstructured) and analytics needs from reporting to machine learning, in compliance with data use and data sharing agreements.
- Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform variety of datasets.
- Develop solutions to compute scaling, infrastructure automation & orchestration, data storage, and data transfer.
- Design and build data flows and compute for continuous platform improvement.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and web based workflows.
- Deploy and maintain systems on AWS.
- Provide strategic guidance with respect to AWS best practices and standard methodologies.
- Evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability.
- Define data security and access controls.
What experiences will you need:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience. Alternatively, an advanced degree in a life science discipline, M.S. or Ph.D., with deep computer science expertise.
- 7+ years’ experience in data architecture, data engineering, solution architecture, and enterprise architecture, with an emphasis on cloud native architectures.
- 4+ years’ experience in designing, implementing, and/or supporting technical capabilities including information systems, digital solutions, data pipelines, and reporting/analytics platforms in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills and history of success in fast and dynamic teams.
- Demonstrated experience in AWS architecture.
- Experience/understanding of ML and Biotech domain a plus.
What it’s like to work at Cellarity
At Cellarity, we
- Push Boundaries: we create a legacy with breakthrough science in the service of patients
- Act with urgency: we work quickly and with conviction, and are eager to learn from data to iterate
- Own it: We transcend our job descriptions and relentlessly follow through on our commitments
- Tell it like it is: We give regular feedback on behaviors and are accountable for how we treat people
- Energize others: we are easy to work with and build strength from differing perspectives
Cellarity is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Cellarity does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Cellarity or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Cellarity’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Cellarity, and Cellarity will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Other jobs like this
Global Atlantic Financial Group
Data ArchitectAWS Big Data Data pipelines Data strategy ETL Hadoop Microservices Python Research Rest API +5
Career development Competitive pay Equity Fertility benefits Fitness / gym +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs