Lead Data Scientist, Precision Mental Health
New York City / Remote
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health serves more than 200 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, and is a preferred mental health provider to companies like General Mills, Guardian, Bain, and Instacart. We have raised over $300 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor, Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced data science leader to drive the science and algorithms powering Spring Health’s precision mental health engine. This is an exciting opportunity to design and implement innovative data products that will positively impact the lives of our members as well as contribute to and move the science and practice of mental health forward.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conceptualize, design and execute an ambitious data science, ML and AI roadmap for our precision mental health initiative in partnership with product, clinical, and engineering leads.
- Incubate and experiment proof of concept ML models, scale them to production and continually iterate towards better performance via A/B experiments
- Rapidly design, prototype and test ML models in production to deliver best in class mental healthcare services and clinical decision support products.
- Build and scale the analytics, algorithms and recommender systems that can identify and target risk stratified member populations and enable the right match for the right patient at the right time.
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, user/business empathy and data science expertise is essential
- Identify and define new data opportunities and work with other team members to improve how we do data collection, storage, experimentation and analysis.
What we expect from you:
- You are passionate about changing the face of mental health care and Spring Health’s mission to remove all barriers to mental health resonates with you
- Significant (10+ years) data science experience, ideally including an advanced degree in a data-related or otherwise quantitative field.
- You have overseen the development of data products from discovery stage into production.
- You have experience in a broad spectrum of data science techniques and are excited to apply them to solve complex clinical or business problems
- Significant experience extracting insights from large data sets (structured and unstructured)
- Experience using, building and enabling analytics infrastructure (ie data, analytics and ML pipelines)
- Proficiency using ML in variety of contexts, particularly supervised/unsupervised learnings, recommendations systems, NLP, information extraction, search and ranking etc
- Prior track record of successfully incubating, scaling and deploying (impactful) ML data products in production.
- Ability to understand not only how to use an analytical technique but why it is or is not appropriate in a given situation, with available data, and for specific business needs
- Strong presentation skills — fluently tell a compelling clinical or business story with data
Benefits of working at Spring Health: Focus on total health including:Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One MedicalAccess to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessionsUnlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays16-18 weeks paid parental leave $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement Creating a culture you can thrive in:Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangementsCalm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days Donation matching to support your favorite causesDedicated employee resource groups Supporting you financially through:Competitive mix of salary and stock optionsEmployer sponsored 401(k) match In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic. More information on Spring Health and what it is like to work here can be found here! Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Workplace Health and Safety Data Scientist, Safety SentimentAgile AWS Data visualization EC2 Engineering Lambda Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Data Scientist - Nationwide Opportunities, AWS Professional ServicesAWS Big Data Computer Vision Consulting Data visualization Deep Learning HPC Machine Learning ML ML models +14
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Manager, Machine Learning EngineeringDeep Learning Engineering Keras Machine Learning ML NLP Python PyTorch Research TensorFlow +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Parental leave Wellness
Director, Data Engineering and ArchitectureBlockchain Business Intelligence Data pipelines Engineering ETL Excel Security UX
Career development Health care Startup environment Team events
Senior Project Manager, GCP Data EngineeringAgile Athena AWS BigQuery Business Intelligence Consulting Dataflow Elasticsearch Engineering ETL +8
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs