Data Science Manager - Community Health
Salt Lake City, UT
TwitchTwitch is an interactive livestreaming service for content spanning gaming, entertainment, sports, music, and more. There’s something for everyone on Twitch.
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Community Health is a vital part of Twitch. We build products and solutions that protect our viewers and creators from harm. This role works very closely with the Trust & Safety team whose operations help support and inform the Community Health products; both internal and external-facing.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead Analytics for the Community Health organization reporting to the Director of Data Science - Community. This team is responsible for product analytics across the org, helping shape goals, metrics, experimentation and dashboards. This individual will help product, design and engineering leaders make great decisions through data, helping direct the strategy for community health tools at Twitch.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Hire and develop a growing team of analysts
- Establish the vision and roadmap for the team, prioritize the most impactful analysis, and guide the team in solving ambiguous and complex problems.
- Influence our overall product strategy; drive key product decisions through data and insights; set goals and KPIs and identify the right levers to achieve those goals.
- Lead the team to deliver reusable tools that can be productized or used by operational teams.
- 7+ years of experience (or MS with 5+ years) in data science or analytics roles
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing data scientists and data analysts
- Experience in partnering with product teams to define goals, metrics, and experiments
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Full stack experience across data science, analytics, and data engineering
- Graduate (PhD preferred) degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Prior work with Trust & Safety, Risk, or Fraud business units
- Experience with data pipelining from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $185,400 - $226,600 yr and in New York City is $203,940 - $249,260 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Other jobs like this
Data Science Manager, Machine Learning & Causal InferenceCausal inference Engineering Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling Python R SQL Testing
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Staff/Senior Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning PlatformAirflow AWS Banking Distributed Systems Docker Engineering FinTech Helm Kafka Keras +21
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation +4
Newgrad Design Verification Engineer @ Autonomous Driving Technology LeaderASIC Design Autonomous Driving Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering ML OpenCV Python
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Snacks / Drinks +1
Staff Autonomy Software Engineer - Behavior & PlanningAgile Autonomous Driving Engineering Linux PhD Probability theory R Robotics Statistics Testing
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +2
Senior Manager, Data ScienceBlockchain Business Intelligence Crypto Data analysis Data Analytics Economics Engineering Finance Fraud risk Machine Learning +7
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs