Data Analyst, Optimization & Insights
OscarFlexible plans that make getting care easy without jumping through hoops and a dedicated Care Team on call ready to help you find what you need.
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Data Analyst to join our Insurance Operations Team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
We are hiring an Associate to join our Provider Lifecycle team. This newly created lead level analyst position will be focused on turning our provider, facility and related operational data into insights and reporting. Collectively, the roles will be focused on improving our filing infrastructure (greater accuracy and less touch), setting up processes for monitoring and evaluation of issues, and analyzing our trove of operational data to find efficiencies and determine the value of projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a career professional looking for a change and a challenge,.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Provider Operations Optimization & Insights. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
- Design and manage analyses with a focus on de-risking, ensuring compliance, and improving quality of Oscar's provider operations.
- Identify improvements and automations in regulatory filing infrastructure.
- Identify, scope, and implement analytics to measure foundational processes, providing analytical support to scaling our provider operations, and summarizing the complexity of our data and operations into business cases.
- Lead development of clear, scalable and dynamic operational processes which support the routine analysis of provider operations.
- Develop and prioritize operations roadmaps working to implementation.
- Lead and cross collaborate on iterative problem definition and technical scoping to run analyses to improve the efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities.
- Distill the requirements of new product and market expansions and design automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements.
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, and technical tooling.
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology and data models and its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Identify issues in core processes, routing to the right people for resolution.
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Provider Operations; convey complex information in a way that is easily understood.
- Provide technical and analytical support for network filing and Oscar's network expansion efforts; own data deliverables required for Oscar's regulatory compliance.
- Simplify reporting infrastructure, partnering with others to implement vision.
- Create custom queries to facilitate ad-hoc requests or to run down a theory
- A bachelor's degree or expertise in field
- 4+ years of increasing responsibility and skill in a data-focused role
- Experience solving complex problems with experience digging into data to discover causes and guide solutions; expert at debugging data problems
- SQL skills (experience with basics such as inner joins, left joins, aggregate functions and subqueries without the use of supporting resources)
- Expert in Excel (can write advanced macros) or Google Sheets
- Experience developing and running analytics on operational data
- Programming experience (especially in Python)
- 3+ years of operations experience (process improvement, project managing, and lean operations)
- 3+ years of work experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- Experience working with provider and facility data
- Background in health insurance
- Experience automating or designing data pipelines
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Lead Data Analyst, Sales OperationsAgile Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data visualization Economics Engineering Finance KPIs Python +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs