Machine Learning Engineer, Text-To-Speech (TTS) Research
Cambridge, England, GBR
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
We are the creators of the state-of-the-art speech synthesis behind Amazon Alexa and Amazon Polly. We support dozens of high quality voices that facilitate the development of future Human-Machine interfaces powering IoT devices and computers. Our goal is to make our synthesis as natural as a human's voice!
In our daily work, we invent and apply the latest technologies to the world's leading Text to Speech solution. We are looking for software engineers with strong machine learning expertise who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge machine learning into a our in house AI solution!
Together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, product managers and subject domain experts you will solve real problems, increase accuracy using data and magic.
Key job responsibilities
In our team, your role would include (but not be limited to):
- Designing and implementing the way ML models are loaded and run in production
- Designing and implementing code which trains ML models at scale
- Discussing with scientists the technology they are working on to define how it can be integrated and run at scale
- Working with multiple teams and stakeholders to solve real problems that directly impact customer experience
About the team
We're the Amazon Text-to-Speech team - bringing effortless, ubiquitous speech capabilities at scale for Amazon customers. We create natural and magical experiences for a growing portfolio of speech products, in the Cloud and for Devices. We are a diverse organisation of multidisciplinary software engineers, computational linguists, scientists, and audio UX designers, organised into multifunctional, agile teams specialized in building state-of-the-art speech synthesis products. We start with our customers needs, design the solution, develop and apply technology and deliver the voice to production and support our customers using these increasingly life-like voices across an expanding range of languages and applications.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Strong software skills (including scripting languages).
- Ability to communicate technical ideas with peers and non-technical peers;
- Practical experience and knowledge of machine learning techniques and their application.
- Experience in building Speech and/or NLP solutions;
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning techniques.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Research Scientist, Computer VisionClassification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Research Scala +2
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +7
Data EngineerAirflow Athena AWS Big Data Classification Data analysis Data pipelines DynamoDB Engineering ETL +11
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs