Senior Applied Scientist
San Francisco, CA
TwitchTwitch is an interactive livestreaming service for content spanning gaming, entertainment, sports, music, and more. There’s something for everyone on Twitch.
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for a machine learning expert with the ability to solve technical challenges related to driving equitable outcomes for our creators and their communities. Reporting to the Applied Science Manager for Personalized Ranking, you will partner with engineering, applied science, and product teams to solve technical challenges related to AI FATE (fair, accountable, transparent, equitable) within the modeling ecosystem at Twitch. You understand that modeling problems begin with data, and build solutions for both the input and output of systems. You'll deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly, managing deliverables while applying the latest theories to new and improved products, processes, and systems.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA;, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Research, develop, and productionize ML components that improve our ranking system's ability to drive equitable outcomes for our creators
- Partner with our Principal Product Manager to establish a technical vision for Responsible AI at Twitch, and with engineers and scientists to apply it
- Stay current with state-of-the-art ML research, know when to apply it to your work, and how to communicate it to your partners and stakeholders
- 5+ years of research or applied experience in a related machine learning domain
- 2+ years working in the field of AI FATE (fairness, accountability, transparency, ethics); learning from biased data; ranking systems, or a related area
- Ability to design and build generic solutions that can be applied in machine learning systems across Twitch
- Expertise in presenting complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(CO, CT, WA, NY Pay Transparency, otherwise REMOVE)
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $176,940 - $216,260 yr and in New York City is $194,670 - $237,930 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7345
Other jobs like this
Data ScientistData analysis Data Analytics Data visualization Economics Engineering Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research SQL +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Data Scientist, RiskBlockchain Crypto Data analysis Data Mining Economics Engineering Finance Machine Learning PhD Python +5
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs