Data Engineer II, Accounting
Hyderabad, Telangana, IND
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The Accounting BI team supports the global Accounting organization with process automation/improvements, developing automated reporting solutions/tools, and improving the ability of the accounting organization to process, analyze, access and consume accurate and timely financial data. The team supports the global accounting organization and partners closely with accountants and financial analysts supporting the various businesses and industries Amazon operates in.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with ambiguity, big data, and enjoys the challenges of highly complex business context. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and the ability to quickly learn, adapt and work with a variety of technologies.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Working with stakeholders and other engineering teams to identify and scope the right data architecture and technology to be used to facilitate analysis of most common Amazon customer behavioral questions.
- Partnering with partner engineering teams to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through BI tools across the organization.
- Design, build and implement the right ETL processes using AWS and similar technologies.
- Implement anomaly detection systems to have a proactive approach to any potential data quality issues, using industry standard frameworks.
- Enable large scale analytics using EMR and other big data technologies
- Establishing and implementing technology best practices that should be followed across the organization.
- Work on proof of concepts for adoption of new technology and tools
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Experience RDBMS databases like MySQL/SQL Server/Oracle and MPP Databases like Redshift, Teradata or Netezza
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, PySpark/Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields
- Excellent data presentation skills and demonstrated ability to successfully partner with business and technical teams
- Experience with Big data tools like Kinesis or Kafka ,Spark
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Engineer - Apache Spark (Java/Scala) (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Agile Big Data Business Analytics Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Engineering Hadoop Linux Python Scala +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs