Senior Data Engineer
Remote, New York, NY
SecurityScorecard's SaaS-based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate and understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. Our platform is used by nearly 1,000 customers for self-monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A. We have created a new category of enterprise software and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our investors include both Sequoia and Google Ventures. We are scaling quickly but are ever mindful of our people and products as we grow.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Pipeline Platform team, you will help us scale, support, and build the next-generation platform for our data pipelines. The team’s mission is to empower data scientists, software engineers, data engineers, and threat intelligence engineers accelerate the ingestion of new data sources and present the data in a meaningful way to our clients.
What you will do:
Design and implement systems for ingesting, transforming, connecting, storing, and delivering data from a wide range of sources with varying levels of complexity and scale. Enable other engineers to deliver value rapidly with minimum duplication of effort. Automate the infrastructure supporting the data pipeline as code and deployments by improving CI/CD pipelines. Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve the data platform to maintain stability and optimal performance.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math
- 6+ years of data pipeline software development experience
- Exceptional skills in at least one high-level programming language (Scala, Java, Go, Python or equivalent)
- Actively using and a strong understanding of big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Storm, Apache Flink, Databricks toolkit and Cassandra
- Experience with Dataflow orchestration in Google Cloud Flow, Airflow, or Conductor
- Experience with AWS services including EMR, S3, Redshift, and RDS
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions
- Previous experience working in distributed teams. We are a remote-first company!
- Located in the U.S. or Canada
What to Expect in Our Hiring Process:
- Phone conversation with Talent Acquisition to learn more about your experience and career objectives
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Technical video interviews with two data engineers
- Video interview with Engineering VP and Chief Architect
- Competitive base salary
- Full health benefits
- Stock options
- You are always welcome to work from home
- $3000 per year education fund
- #1 Ranked Cybersecurity Analytics company in the word
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.