Senior Data Scientist - Contractor
GoustoChange the way you eat with our easy to follow recipes. We deliver fresh boxes of ingredients and delicious recipes 7 days a week. Get started now!
Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Senior Data Scientist - Contractor
We have a new opportunity within our Data Science team for a Senior Data Scientist to lead on Data Science products & projects within our Growth tribe.
Our Data Science team has been integral to Gousto’s success in designing and personalising our Menu and optimising our supply chain.
We’re now scaling our data science effort in our Growth tribe. Our Growth tribe is essential to driving our overall success - determining how to reach new customers, and how, when, and in what way to communicate with existing ones. Our data science effort here will focus on use cases related to customer retention, churn reduction, improvements in how we do customer care, and much more.
As a Senior Data Scientist will drive cross-functional working, build valuable data science use cases, and mentor other data scientists in the Tribe. You will be experienced driving successful data science projects and working with other data scientists. At Gousto we look to support and develop our people at all levels and are passionate about continued development within Data Science.
You’ll enjoy collaborating with our Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Product Managers, translating data science into robust and scalable data products as the business continues to grow massively.
To be successful and more importantly enjoy being a Data Scientist at Gousto, you will be passionate about finding solutions for our customers.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Give it some Gousto.
Who You Are
- Adventurer in data science - As a senior member of the data-science team you will be using advanced machine-learning and optimisation techniques to build tools that will improve the business and make our service highly personalised. We look to our senior team members to unlock new step changes in performance for our existing data products, introduce new theories and technologies to the team and leverage data science in new areas of the business.
- End-to-end owner of data products - The problems we pursue are diverse and have a direct impact on the business. They range from optimising flows in our warehouse to algorithmically designing recipe menus based on customers' tastes. We believe that if you build something, you should run it too. This means that, together with the Machine Learning Engineers, our data scientists take ownership over the entire process from ideation to deployment, as well as automation and maintenance. Knowing our data products inside-out allows us to keep learning and improving.
- Passionate about impact - We have big plans for the future, hence we are looking for creative thinkers to help drive the business and disrupt the online grocery market by leveraging machine learning and optimisation. You will work with amazing colleagues and look forward to solving challenging problems that will have a significant impact on the product and our customers. You’ll recognise when to meet complex problems with advanced solutions or when a simple approach cuts through all complexity. Most of all, you are excited about Gousto’s mission and product and really enjoy working with the team.
- Relentlessly raising the bar – We believe that one of the most important things our senior data scientists do is educate the more junior members of the team. We’re looking for someone who can bring new and innovative engineering practices into the team, someone who is willing to help educate and help to improve what we do on a daily basis. As a senior member of the team, you’re always on the lookout for opportunities to help the team fulfil their potential.
- Strong proven understanding of machine learning techniques and optimisation algorithms
- Comfortable using SQL
- Experience with managing productionisation of data products
- Experience measuring and managing data product performance
- Great communication skills – being able to explain your work and the impact on the business to all types of business partners
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Experience in data science use cases in Growth, Marketing or Customer Care - such as attribution modelling, churn prediction, or offer optimisation
Bonus Points For
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms into production environments (AWS)
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience in Bayesian inference
- MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Math, Stats, Computer Science or BSc paired with strong industry experience
Click here for our benefits!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Research Scientist, Computer VisionClassification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Research Scala +2
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs