Finance Transformation Data Analyst - 6 mth FTC
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale. Ocado has entered into agreements with global partners to build and operate more than 50 Customer Fulfilment Centres in the coming years.
In spring 2020, we embarked upon a Finance Transformation programme, which will deliver new business processes, new reporting and the implementation of a new enterprise-wide Finance system and Chart of Accounts. Working in partnership with other transformation programmes from across the business, this will significantly improve the capabilities of Finance to support the plans of the company.
The Ocado Finance Transformation programme requires a Data Analyst to join an existing team of analysts to assist with the cleansing and migration of data from an Oracle R12 ERP to an Oracle Fusion platform. The successful candidate will have good technical knowledge of the underlying data architecture of Oracle R12 ERP (tables and columns and the relationships between them) and will be expert in the use of SQL/PL-SQL through tools like SQL Developer.
The Data Analysts are assigned to support different functional areas of the business. This role will support the cleansing and migration of Fixed Assets and projects data, and candidates require a good financial knowledge of both. The role holder will work with the Finance team to understand their requirements and to resolve data issues with practical solutions.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of data cleanse and migration activity as part of a Finance Transformation programme.
What you will be doing?
- Leading on the data cleanse for specific functional areas, e.g. Fixed Assets.
- Working with Business data owners to improve the quality of their data through cleanse and data enrichment.
- Identifying the process failures that give rise to inaccurate and incomplete data and advising Business data owners owners how to correct at source.
- Assisting in the design, planning and implementation of the data migration process from Oracle R12 ERP to Oracle Fusion.
- Ensuring that migrated data is reconciled, reviewed and signed-off.
- Following the integrated programme plan and providing input to PMO activities like the tracking and resolution of Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID).
- Experience working as a data analyst or business data analyst with Oracle R12 ERP
- Knowledge of Fixed Assets accounting and project accounting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Expert with Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach
- Problem solving skills
- Ideally experience of working with Oracle Fusion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……