Senior Machine Learning Engineer
CytoVeris Inc. is changing the paradigm in cancer surgery through the introduction of optical based “guided surgical tools”. CytoVeris is working at the convergence of optical science, cancer biology, and machine learning and translating that convergence to clinical application. Our technology helps surgeons to discern between cancer tissue and healthy tissue in real-time during surgery and as a result will increase the probability of successful surgical outcomes. We use multi-spectral light analysis, coupled with Artificial Intelligence, to provide an optical “fingerprint” of tissue.
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of technology to improve patients’ lives and you thrive on working in a dynamic environment where each person can make a significant difference, consider joining our team.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We are seeking a motivated Senior Machine Learning Engineer to develop and optimize image-based Machine Learning algorithms for our novel biomedical optical products. This position will help define the architecture and methodology, as well as drive improvements to our classification algorithms that are the foundation upon which our products are built. This position reports to the Chief Software Architect and manages a team of ML engineers and guides the direction and implementation of the Company’s algorithm development efforts. The right person will offer a balance of strategic direction in ML and the ability and willingness to deep dive into the selection, coding and optimization of machine learning algorithms.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to bringing technology to market that will improve the outcomes of cancer patients. You will have the opportunity to bring the latest Machine Learning techniques to bear on a difficult but solvable problem, and to teach and share your knowledge, and also learn from smart, talented and motivated teammates. You will be an early employee in a startup that is poised for rapid growth and value creation.
- You will play a leadership role in the machine learning and software architecture, design, development, testing, and support of a new class of guided surgical devices.
- Evaluate and develop new deep learning/ML methods and algorithms for image processing and classification.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, scientists, clinicians and business development professionals and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Lead and mentor other members of the software and engineering teams on ML approaches and workflow.
- Work directly with and direct our outside ML advisors.
- Stay abreast of the latest machine learning techniques by reviewing the literature, attending conferences, etc.
- Work within our ISO13485 medical device development processes.
- 3+ years of experience as a practicing Machine Learning Engineer, with 2+ years of experience as a technical lead, including mentoring ML engineers and scientists.
- MS or PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- An ideal candidate will also have published work in top-tier ML/medical imaging conferences and journals.
- Fluency in Python.
- Extensive, practical knowledge of Machine Learning techniques for image processing and feature recognition, deep learning network architectures (CNNs, GANs, etc.), regularization, loss functions, optimization strategies, etc.
- Expertise in one or more scientific analysis and prototyping environments such as the SciPy/NumPy stack or with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow/Keras or PyTorch.
- Previous experience in a new product development environment, preferably healthcare related.
- Ability to quickly turn general user requirements into high quality software and perform fast iterations. Familiarity with Agile software development methods a plus.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in a fast-paced prototyping and product-development environment.
- Experience in working in an ISO 13485 environment is a plus.
- Experience with spectroscopy, lasers and medical device equipment is a plus.
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively and a passion for learning, teaching and new technologies.
We offer competitive base salaries, and we want every employee to be a stakeholder and therefore stock options are an important part of our compensation package. Our benefit package includes competitive paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) plan.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs