Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As part of the Strategy & Operations team at Rhino, you’ll join an accomplished group that is building the foundation of a company revolutionizing the renting process. We are looking for a mission-driven self-starter who is keen on building scalable solutions to address our most pressing business needs.
In this role, you will:
- Use your analytical and problem solving skills to support data-driven decision making and help drive the company’s highest priority strategic and operational initiatives.
- Operate with a holistic view of the business while getting exposure to various departments of the company.
- Find solutions to novel and unstructured problems - armed with a strong grasp of the business problem at hand and the ultimate goal, you’ll dive into the details while maintaining a view of the big picture and come up with solutions supported by data.
- Synthesize your complex analyses, visually and in writing, to effectively communicate the core takeaways for audiences including the company at large, the executive team, and external business partners.
- Help foster a culture of data-driven decision-making - build tools, models and dashboards that empower our teams to analyze their performance and answer their own questions.
- Collaborate with with business stakeholders to proactively identify team-specific performance metrics, in addition to tracking company-wide KPIs; productionize ad hoc analyses for scalability.
- Collaborate cross functionally with product managers and data engineers to ensure the data being captured is comprehensive, accurate and meets business needs.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 3+ years of professional experience in business intelligence and analytics.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Excel and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Experience with Python or similar scripting languages.
- Familiarity with with data pipelines (e.g. Stitch) and data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, Heroku).
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Initiative and ownership - self-starter capable of driving projects independently and with urgency.
- Detail-oriented, but capable of seeing the big picture and following the “80/20 rule.”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex and nuanced concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- High-growth start-up experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in real estate, insurance or credit is a plus
- Experience managing others is a plus