Security Data Analyst
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our Security team is actively seeking a Security Data Analyst to join our growing team. In this role you will assist in developing data models, reports/dashboards, data automation solutions, and performance metrics models that support key business decisions related to Security, IT, Cloud Engineering and Data Governance. You will play an integral role in enabling our organization to continuously and effectively monitor critical security controls as driven by various security and privacy frameworks.
- Develop and maintain data models, reports/dashboards, data automation solutions, and performance metrics models that support key business decisions.
- Prepare and deliver reports to executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns and highlight relevant risks using data.
- Help automate manual audit activities part of critical security control frameworks by deploying data solutions via our internal SIEM to proactively identify, evaluate and monitor potential compliance violations and findings.
- Perform data quality testing and assurance as a part of designing, building and implementing scalable data solutions in SQL.
- Perform cross system data validation in order to troubleshoot and investigate potential data inconsistencies.
- Provide support to escalate and triage data quality issues across the data and engineering organizations, outlining path to remediation and assigning/tracking tasks to various teams (engineering, analytics, information technology) where collaboration is required.
- Own end to end process of defining and publishing KPIs and metrics including getting agreement from stakeholders, validation, documentation, standardization and driving automation.
- Understand security business requirements, translating them into technical specifications including how data should be modeled, tested and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance.
- Increase the adoption of data solutions by ensuring end user’s and expected audience’s requirements are effectively met.
- Develop user friendly documentation to communicate the use and value add of data solutions.
- Experience in developing reports and dashboards utilizing industry standard BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Sigma).
- Experience writing sophisticated and optimized SQL Queries that span millions of data points.
- Experience with conducting exploratory data analysis and hypothesis driven deep dives into data.
- Experience utilizing statistical methodology to interpret and analyze data sets to derive meaningful trends and patterns.
- Experience with data mining, cleaning and modeling.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.