Business Operations and Data Analyst
- Organization: Vonage API Group Product
- Location: London, UK
- Type: 6 month FTC, possibility of extension
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Finance is transitioning the manual rating of billing to a centralized team within BizOps to support end-to-end manual processes for products, features, and pricing models not yet in General Access or with automation, including WhatsApp.
This position will support transformation and exposure of real time accurate performance data. It will reduce the need for cross functional buy in and potential for conflicting priorities and core responsibilities. Improved collaboration in a central team will likely result in control improvements and a reduction of billing issue.
The responsibilities of this role includes managing data from customer on boarding through to sending usage data to finance, and would provide the first line of support for billing disputes. Finance retains operational responsibility for the invoice to cash cycle.
The Business Operations and Data Analyst will support the Business Operations function through the transition of implementing manually rated billing data into the Business Operations team. This role will manage the production of billing ready usage file and data subscriptions in Zuora. This role will help the team scale by ensuring data accuracy in billing data.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Produce the “billing ready” data usage file each month; maintain other data usage files for billing purposes
- Build and maintain the billing customizations spreadsheet; improving the manual rating of data process
- Collaborate with internal teams to define how we communicate and implement specialized billing arrangements
- Prepare product usage data for delivery to Revenue Operations team
- Take a lead role in our customer disputes process, working closely with Sales, Support and Finance to resolve customer queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implement pricing for manually billed accounts
- Manage manual service requests through our Deal Desk to ensure customers requirements and our service delivery from order through to cash can be fulfilled.
- Accurately rate and adjust platform created usage data for contractual and pricing models
- Responsible for SOX and operational control processes for the delivery of usage data and rating adjustments
- Participate in product and rating automation projects to scale our product
- Ensure accuracy of manual rated billing data
What you will bring
- You are a self-starter, who enjoys working in a startup environment
- Customer focused - Always thinks first about the needs of his/her internal customers.
- You are not afraid to challenge authority to get things done
- Able to deal with ambiguity and scenarios where data may not be 100% accurate
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Economics, Math or Engineering undergrad majors preferred
- Excel/GSheets skills for data analysis, manipulation and management (including SQL)
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, global environment, and manage competing priorities
- Highly organised and process oriented
- Ability to identify problems and resolve effectively
- Experienced on Tableau Business Intelligence tool or similar.
- Knowledge of B2B Telco products and pricing (SMS/Voice) is a strong plus, but not required.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave (subject to manager approval)
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Train Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Industry conferences
- Free snacks and food
- Beer O’clock Fridays
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meetups, i.e. yearly Hackathons, etc
Potential Next Career Move: Business Operations and Data Analyst III