Data Analyst, Pricing
Seattle, WA OR San Francisco, CA
StripeThe new standard in online payments
Posted 1 month ago
Build the Metrics Operating System to democratize data.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
We’re looking for data analysts who are excited about applying their analytical and engineering skills to build the Metrics Operating System to democratize data, metrics and insights driven decision making for all Stripes. If you are naturally data curious, excited about both deriving insights from data and designing data pipelines to improve availability and usability of those insights, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be working closely with the Pricing team, the Finance & Strategy team responsible for driving financial insight, pricing and deal strategy at Stripe.
- Work closely with the Finance & Strategy Pricing team to identify important questions and answer them with data.
- Design, build and update data pipelines to improve availability and usability of Pricing data and insights in SparkSQL and Tableau.
- Automate reporting and visualization of Pricing metrics in Tableau.
- Partner with Pricing and Systems teams to develop deal pricing tools.
- Provide operational support for pricing initiatives.
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of pricing experiments.
- Create analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data.
- Apply models on large datasets to measure results and outcomes.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ Years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines and/or analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark/Pig/etc.)
- Prior experience with visualization using Tableau.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications.
- Hyper focus on and intuition for understanding the underlying needs of the business.
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python).
- Prior experience in Finance or Pricing at a leading technology company, or experience within investment banking, management consulting or venture capital.
- Good understanding of the development process and best practices (e.g. sprint planning, coding standards, code reviews, testing and validation) with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Description of the most interesting analysis you’ve done, key findings and impact.
- Link to or attachment of code you’ve written related to data analysis.