Data Engineer II
Posted 1 month ago
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a seasoned data engineer to join a team of highly skilled data engineers, data architects, and DBA’s to build and manage the end to end data pipelines (batch and streaming) using modern cloud technologies. This is a role in the central data organization at SurveyMonkey that provides actionable insights.
Data Engineer to build robust, extensible, and scalable data and BI solutions. These solutions could be a combination of source-of-truth datasets, daily/hourly pipelines, dashboards, visualization tools, and alerting.
- Design, architect and build data pipes to support existing data models
- Data quality: build quality checks in the end to end data pipelines
- Build new Data models (fact vs dimension). Write performant/idempotent transformations in Snowflake sql.
- Build data pipeline using Python scripting (in a modular/loop context) Write well-tested, production ready code in Python and/or Snowflake SQL
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices
- Translate business requirements, to technical specifications, form project scope, and deliver deployable code.
- Write complex data engineering Snowflake - SQL jobs that perform sophisticated queries on the entirety of our datasets
- 5+ years experience in data engineering in Snowflake or SQL server
- Experience in scheduling, automating and deploying production data pipelines using Airflow/Luigi, etc
- Experience with tools such as dbt, matallion or other similar technologies
- Experience with transforming, developing data structures, metadata, dependency and data workflows to support an Analytics function
- In depth knowledge of Datalakes, EDW concepts, data modeling (star, snowflake and galaxy schemas)
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years writing code in any OOP capable language, ideally Python
- Job scheduling and workload management tools (Airflow etc)
- Experience with ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, Matillion, Fivetran, DBT etc.).
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.