New York, New York, US
Posted 1 month ago
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Digital Workplace Engineering team is focused on building tools and applications for IBMers to do their best work. Through a family of apps and services, we’re building an environment which is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to push the limits on productivity and collaboration. We are well-positioned to deliver the next chapter of the digital workplace, leveraging expertise in cloud, security, and scale.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
As a Data Analyst, you’ll seek to understand user behavior, analyze data, identify trends, and formulate product recommendation to drive wide-scale change.
- Perform analysis and provide actionable insight.
- Help define strategic goals and supporting KPIs
- Define and build dashboards and reports for different departments to help monitor KPIs.
- Perform ongoing analysis to understand user behavior and provide actionable recommendations in different areas of the product
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 plus years of data analysis experience at a consumer technology company
- 3 plus years’ experience performing advanced analytics using structured and unstructured data.
- Solid conceptual understanding of methods in analytics and data science. Understanding of common roadblocks and technical challenges.
- Experience with SQL and Python/R.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis, including statistical analysis
- Ability to execute against defined objectives both tactically and strategically
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, designers, and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Engineering Finance Python R Security SQL