Big Data Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
We’re looking for an experienced senior Big Data engineer who can create innovative new products in the analytics and data space. You will participate to the development that creates the world's #1 app stores analytics service. Together with the team you will build out new product features and applications using agile methodologies and open source technologies. You will work directly with Product Manager, Software Architects, and will be on the front lines of coding new and exciting analytics and data mining products. You should be passionate about what you do and excited to join an entrepreneurial start-up.
How will you be doing this?
As a Sr. Big Data Engineer, we will need you to be in charge of our data analysis projects and to build clean, robust and maintainable data processing program that can support these projects on huge amount of data, this includes
- Lead team to design and implement complex product components based on requirements with possible technical solutions.
- Write data analysis and statistics program in Big Data ecosystem (Spark, Mapreduce, etc) with a commitment to maintaining high quality work while being confident in dealing with data mining challenges.
- Discover any feasible new technologies lied in Big Data ecosystem, share them to team with your professional perspectives.
- Get up to speed in the machine learning domain, implementing analysis components in a distributed computing environment with instruction from Data Scientists.
- Be comfortable conducting detailed discussions with Data Scientists regarding specific questions related to specific data models.
- Communicate well and clearly with teams overseas in both oral and written English.
What will you bring to the team?
You should be a strong tech lead with proven experience in distributed back-end system, and big data analysis.
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and NoSql database
- Must: Spark, Mapreduce, HDFS, Hive
- Plus: Storm, Kafka, Pig
- Must have 2+ years Linux environment development experience.
- Proficient with programming in Python, experience in Pandas and Sklearn is a big plus.
- Proficient with shell scripts and SQL.
- Have a background of data mining and machine learning domain, familiar with common algorithms and libs is a plus.
- Passion for cloud computing (AWS in particular) and distributed systems.
- You must be a great problem solver, a project leader, with the ability to dive deeply into complex problems and emerge with clear and pragmatic solutions.
- Good ability of communication.
- Good English spoken and written skills. You will need to be able to work with Western managers in a bilingual environment.
- Major in Math or Computer Science.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
“App Annie gives me a big imagination in mobile internet and my career development.”
“App Annie is like our home, we all feel comfortable and free to work here.”
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Working a little later? We’ll cover your dinner and ride home.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Yes, I want this job!