Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Posted 1 month ago
Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business-critical initiatives. We are hiring a Data Engineer to be a key part of this mission
- Build a highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies, Redshift, Druid, Spark and other technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10s of terabytes of data ingested every day and petabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Responsible for EDW/Big Data data warehouse application design, data quality, development and testing/deployment strategy.
- Responsible in keeping Druid and other data warehouse application in good shape
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures
- Produce bug-free and high quality code that follows best practices and covers all the edge cases.
Desired Technical Skills
- 0-3 yrs of Software development experience
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid software development skills in any one programming language. Our systems are built on Java/Scala/Python/Ruby.
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to execute deliverables
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and patterns.
- Prior experience with Spark or Druid is an added advantage
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we are constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of our business. Our culture is built around love and community, and embodies the mantra, embrace your weirdness aimed to empower everyone to embark on their own unique journey. We’re nothing without our amazing team of leaders, innovators and dreamers; the people who put all the pieces together to deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.