BI Data Engineer and Architect
Posted 1 month ago
Start Date: September 2020
Our client is a mid-size retail/consumer products group that have multiple brands through acquisition. The client has embarked on a Digital Transformation process. As part of that transformation, they are redesigning their Business Intelligence using Azure Cloud technologies.
- Working with the Product or Business Owner to understand the vision, goals, and scope of data initiatives
- Defining the solution architecture in an evolutionary way
- Modelling data and designing data warehouses to address the questions of the business, and to enable self-service
- Design, construct, install and maintain data management systems for Business Intelligence and Data Management across business applications
- Integrate present and future data management technologies into existing data structures
- Develop and set processes for data mining and data modeling
- Hands-on creation of ETL flows using Microsoft Azure technologies or other future technologies.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a Computer Science related direction
- Understanding of both traditional BI data approaches as well as contemporary big data concepts
- Experience with solution architecture for big data platforms
- Experience with building end-to-end data platforms with capability across all elements of the solution (e.g. data pipeline, data processing, data storage, data visualisation)
- Preference for experience with the MS Azure data stack (e.g. Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Analysis Services)
- Cloud proficiency, and experience of DevOps on a cloud platform
- Good command of database and Business Intelligence related programming languages such as SQL, Spark SQL, Python, C#
- Strong experience of working with agile approaches
Riverflex is an open network consultancy enabled by a core tech platform based on a platform of top independent consultants. We create high performing teams tailored to our client’s needs – providing the benefits of flexibility and deep expertise combined with the safety and trust of a large consulting firm. In the past 2 years, we have experienced massive growth, racking up 15 world-class clients and over 450 independent consultants in its network.
This role doesn't fit you? Join the Riverflex network stay up to date on opportunities shared across the Riverflex network https://platform.riverflex.com/