Senior Data Analyst - Pricing
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in over +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:The Pricing team at Glovo is looking for econometricians/statisticians with superb technical skills and a passion for tackling hard problems with huge real world impact. We tackle problems such as optimizing Glovo’s dynamic pricing engine, modeling the demand, etc. Joining our team is a unique opportunity to be part of changing the world of logistics forever. This is your chance to make economics come to life by bringing together great theories, cutting edge information technology, and the power of markets.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Collaborate in redesigning the pricing algorithm. Develop, test and productionize an improved pricing algorithm
- Identify commercial opportunities using data to understand user-buying behavior and define our pricing strategy. Designing frameworks to assess price elasticity of demand - to be able to assess which consumer will stay, which will drop
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. cross validation, A/B testing)
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Work closely with cross-functional leads to develop technical vision and drive the team direction
- Work in hand with the product team to define the process and tools to effectively translate strategies into products
- Drive clarity and solve ambiguous, challenging business problems using data-driven approaches
- Minimum 2 years of prior experience in a data-driven environment delivering actionable insights and collaborating with demand modeling
- Strong quantitative background: Masters or PhD strongly preferred (applied microeconomics, applied econometrics, industrial organization, labor economics)
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in the following areas: A/B testing, experimental design, multi-armed bandits, machine learning is a plus
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, Java, Python, R, or similar.
- Experience working with large data sets
- Command line skills
- Strong presentation skills in communicating with experts and novices
- Fluent spoken and written English
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Job tags: Economics Industrial Java Machine Learning Python R