Data Analyst, STARS
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Data Analyst to join our Value Capture team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
This position would create and further automate the predictive Medicare Advantage Stars dashboard. Additionally, it would create HEDIS metrics and other Star measures as needed for real-time tracking of current performance. You will also support the Data analysis needed for forecasting future performance trends and behaviors, provider cut point setting, and high priority member identification that is needed to refine improvement campaigns. You will report into the Director of Stars and be part of the Stars Improvement team that is responsible for ensuring that we partner with our Members to improve their health and achieve at least a 4 Star rating.
You will report into the Director of Stars
- Build dashboards to monitor progress of Value Capture programs and escalate issues with key stakeholders
- Deliver comprehensive analytics and forecasting/trend modeling tools based on complex data sets to inform Star interventions
- Recommend solutions for business problems based on analysis of data and business processes
- Analyze data that will drive business intelligence and enterprise Star strategy
- Design and operationalize strategically data driven risk stratified member engagement campaigns and monitor their success
- Bachelors in Business, Data Analytics, Health Administration or related field
- Working knowledge of CMS Star Rating System including HEDIS, CAHPS, HOS, PDE, and administrative measures
- 5+ years of experience in Stars related Data work
- 3+ years of SQL Experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.