Business Intelligence Analyst
Lincoln, RI, 02865
Amica Mutual Insurance CompanyWant to feel good about where you work? The feeling is mutual. Join us! Find available jobs at Amica Mutual Insurance Company in fields like Accounting, Management, IT and more.
Business Intelligence Analyst
50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
We’re redefining excellent customer experiences. The right data can make that happen.
As a member of the Enterprise Data Solutions team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with data assets and data professionals across the entire organization to improve efficiencies, increase profitability and better manage risk. You’ll also perform analysis and develop data solutions to help solve real business problems rather than shortsighted quick fixes. Partnering with your teammates to understand project requirements and user insights, you’ll continually focus on supporting Amica's strategic plan to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships.
- Driving business value by transforming data and analytics into actionable insights
- Gathering and translating user requirements for reports, analysis, and business opportunities into technical specifications
- Serving as a liaison between business users and technical resources
- Reviewing and documenting new and existing data sources to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization
- Writing SQL or other querying code to extract and manipulate data from database systems
- Designing and implementing data management procedures, including cleaning and organizing raw data and writing technical requirements
- Performing data profiling to identify and understand anomalies and errors and provide timely resolutions
- Identifying and analyzing significant trends that affect the organization and their key drivers to optimize business decisions
- Utilizing business intelligence tools to design, construct, test, and deploy self-service reports and visualizations
- Assisting business users by sharing insights, providing supporting details, making recommendations, and measuring results
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of data results and analytic methods through testing, validation, and following best practices
- Translating and summarizing data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts to convey information to management
- Committing to continuous professional improvement and displaying a desire to learn the new and different (through conferences, publications, courses, local academia and meetups)
- Participating in new technology evaluation and ensuring alignment of business unit data and analytics practices with enterprise data processes and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, data/analytics, or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using data to drive business decisions.
- Demonstrated success working with data discovery, analytics, visualization, and business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Advanced skills in data literary and knowledge analytics best practices.
- Basic understanding of data science platforms such SAS, R, and Python is a strong plus but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of relational database theory and structured query language (SQL).
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and logical problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to be productive when working independently or collaboratively.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
- This is a hybrid position with three business days in office in Lincoln, RI and up to two work from home days.
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs