Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
Lincoln, RI, 02865
Amica Mutual Insurance CompanyWant to feel good about where you work? The feeling is mutual. Join us! Find available jobs at Amica Mutual Insurance Company in fields like Accounting, Management, IT and more.
Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
We’re redefining excellent customer experiences. The right data can make that happen.
As a member of the Enterprise Data Solutions team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with data assets and data professionals across the entire organization to improve efficiencies, increase profitability and better manage risk. You’ll also perform analysis and develop data solutions to help solve real business problems rather than shortsighted quick fixes. Partnering with your teammates to understand project requirements and user insights, you’ll continually focus on supporting Amica's strategic plan to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships.
- Evangelizing and promoting data as a corporate asset
- Driving business value by guiding the transformation of data and analytics into actionable insights
- Serving as a liaison between business users and technical resources
- Prioritizing, scoping and managing business intelligence projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success
- Identifying and evaluating the business value of new and existing data sources
- Ensuring best coding practices are established and followed for SQL or other programming languages
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of data management procedures
- Facilitating and coordinating the identification and analysis of significant trends that affect the organization and their key drivers to optimize business decisions
- Mentoring team on the use of business intelligence tools to design, construct, test, and deploy self-service reports and visualizations
- Assisting business users by sharing insights, providing supporting details, making recommendations, and measuring results
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of data results and analytic methods through the establishment of testing and validation procedures and best practices
- Translating and summarizing data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts to convey information to management
- Committing to continuous professional improvement and displaying a desire to learn the new and different (through conferences, publications, courses, local academia and meetups)
- Participating in new technology evaluation and ensuring alignment of business unit data and analytics practices with enterprise data processes and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, data/analytics or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience using data to drive business decisions.
- Persuasive with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, including team members and senior management.
- Demonstrated success working with data discovery, analytics, visualization, and business intelligence tools.
- Advanced skills in data literary and knowledge analytics best practices.
- Basic understanding of data science platforms such SAS, R, and Python is a strong plus but not required.
- Knowledge of relational database theory and structured query language (SQL).
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and logical problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Responsible for the successful and timely delivery of business intelligence deliverables and analytics work products.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
- This is a hybrid position with three business days in office in Lincoln, RI and up to two work from home days
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs