Senior Embedded DSP Engineer, Computer Vision
Posted 5 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
As a Senior Embedded DSP Engineer on the Perception team, you'll be responsible for designing and developing high-performance production software with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities. Your code will be part of the foundations of our 3D platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come.
- Develop state-of-the-art performance critical perception systems
- Own and drive highly visible performance metrics (e.g. latency, memory, bandwidth, power)
- Collaboratively work as part of a fast paced team, analyze and optimize a growing C++ codebase
- Help define performance standards for algorithms, develop and drive best practices (performance, maintainability, correctness, etc), lead all stages of the software development cycle and share knowledge
- Help drive the integration and development of necessary tooling and automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move even faster.
- Help drive computing platforms for next generation products.
- 5+ years of professional experience with high performance / low latency applications with modern C++.
- Strong CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis, understanding of abstraction and modularity, critical path optimization and tuning.
- In depth understanding of computer architecture, computing bottlenecks, memory hierarchy, data coherency, caches, high performance architectures (VLIW, superscalar, etc), SIMD.
- Experience with low latency / high bandwidth real-time data pipelines, batch data processing pipelines, low power embedded systems, integration of specialized hardware acceleration blocks.
- Strong sense of curiosity, fast learner.
- Experience with kernel optimizations
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Computer vision
- Deep learning
- 3D reconstruction
- Numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- Sensors (camera, time-of-flight), image processing
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar required. MS, Ph.D. preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.