Data Engineer (TS/SCI)
Washington, District Of Columbia, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Big Data experience in both structured and unstructured data.
- Apply methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, integration and governance of data
- Utilize experience in database concepts and data modeling o Integrate data integration including applying methods, techniques & technologies to address design, architecture and the extraction, transformation, movement, storage of data.
- Work with Master data management, including customer data strategy, product data strategy and organizational hierarchy, and Information (data) Governance including strategy, implementation, business glossary, metadata and industry frameworks
- Deliver data mapping, detailed data analysis and metadata analysis
- Provide hands-on business knowledge while working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams and seamlessly managing client relationships within context of individual role.
- Utilize skills in VBA, ETL Tools, Cognos, Hadoop or Hadoop based tools as well as other Business Intelligence tools.
- Apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze nonstructured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains.
- Analyze text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques
- Utilize skills in Java, C++, Python, or Skala development
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Big Data
- Predictive Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance is required to be considered for this position
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Included but is not limited to design, creation, population, and maintenance of geo-coding, geo-mapping, and entity-relation ontologies.
- Work modularly to maximize ability to address new visualization needs as data, threats, and relationships change
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Business Intelligence Consulting ETL Hadoop Java Machine Learning NLP NoSQL Python Research