Staff, Data Scientist (L4) - Customer Engagement
Denver, Colorado, United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio seeks a Senior Data Scientist to be a key leader in defining a new product offering at Twilio in the customer engagement space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping Twilio’s data and intelligence strategy, which will empower our customers to create highly personalized communications and experiences for their contacts. The primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction and recommender systems integrated with our products. This candidate will also contribute to a Twilio Universal Feature Store. Come be part of a team that's building a set of ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent audience and personalization recommendations.
Twilio is looking for a Data Scientist who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Personal traits: Curious, humble, team player
- Professionally: Passionate, customer-obsessed, gets things done, highly collaborative, excellent communicator, and very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty
- You have hands on experience developing, deploying and monitoring a large scale machine learning model in production
- Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 4+ years of applied ML experience in statistical and mathematical modeling such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning.
- Experience data mining,feature engineering , training and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques in production-level customer-facing products
- Comfortable extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed and enhancing data collection procedures
- Experience processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Has created automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Familiar with concepts related to testing, monitoring, retraining model performance
- Proficiency in Python is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages
- You have used frameworks like - PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras.
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Bonus: You’ve explored modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components such as DynamoDB or similar
- Bonus: You have a deep understanding of frameworks like - PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras, why and how these frameworks do what they do
- Bonus: Experience in AWS cloud computing
As a Senior Data Scientist, you live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the world’s most extensive communication data sets and transform it into leading-edge AI applications and products that solve meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating and brainstorming product ideas with product managers, data scientists and engineers
- DON’T SETTLE: Experienced working at a massive scale with distributed, scalable systems, including making tradeoffs for consistency/availability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Experience successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.