Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
Would you like to be part of a company that is modernizing the traditional financial services industry? At Apex Fintech Solutions, we provide features and services that power many of today’s hottest stock trading applications. Processing millions of transactions each day, our systems simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. We are looking for a seasoned machine learning scientist to build and test models on top of our rich, untapped data.
If you are passionate about harnessing data to design, build, and deploy creative models to address existing and novel problems, then this role is for you. You will play a fundamental role in pioneering the use of machine learning at Apex Fintech Solutions in critical areas such as cash transfers, price optimization, fraud detection, and risk management. Along the way, you’ll learn about the problem space and re-imagine existing solutions. Your work will interface with a number of back-end services, and you will be an important part of architecting a data landscape that facilitates the models you envision.
This is an opportunity to join and shape a growing machine learning team in the exciting area of financial services, at a company renowned for innovation. You can have a huge impact here. There are a multitude of opportunities to drive the business forward by defining and formulating solutions using state-of-the-art deep learning and classic machine learning techniques.
This role reports directly to the Principal Machine Learning Lead and works closely with engineers, product owners, analysts, and many others across the organization.
You can work out of one of our offices in Portland, Dallas, Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles, or you can be remote.
What you’ll do all day:
- Design, develop, and validate machine learning models for use cases that enrich Apex Fintech Solutions’ industry-leading API.
- Find novel science-driven solutions within some of today’s most exciting areas, such as cryptocurrencies, retail investing, and real-time payments.
- Develop scalable data pipelines that enable training and serving models on massive datasets.
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain models in production.
- Help shape a presence and identity for machine learning at Apex Fintech Solutions and its parent company, PEAK6.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Advanced degree in a technical field (e.g., computer science, computer engineering, physics, statistics) preferred, but appropriate alternate experience considered.
- Solid theoretical grasp of machine learning and deep learning approaches (supervised and unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, time series, clustering)
- Strong mathematical foundation and intuitions, particularly in probability, statistics, and linear algebra
- Professional experience with design, development, and deployment of machine learning solutions to real-life problems.
- Strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of Python, including expert-level experience with some subset of the major Python ML/DL libraries (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy).
- Ability to navigate in a SQL environment (i.e., solid understanding of SQL).
- Professional experience developing models in a distributed cloud computing environment (preferred).
- Professional experience developing ETL pipelines to support large-scale machine learning model training and productionization.
- Professional experience with MLops (productionization, monitoring, and maintenance) (preferred)
Apex currently requires all employees as a condition of employment to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit to regular testing. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Apex will also require proof of vaccination and/or testing. Apex will also consider requests for exemption from these requirements as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. *Please note this requirement is ONLY for US Offices.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistData analysis Data Analytics Data visualization Economics Engineering Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research SQL +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Workplace Health and Safety Research Scientist, Safety Sentiment TeamComputer Vision Econometrics Machine Learning PhD Python R Research SQL
Career development Flex hours
Workplace Health and Safety Data Scientist, Safety SentimentAgile AWS Data visualization EC2 Engineering Lambda Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research +4
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Senior Data Scientist - AlgorithmsA/B testing Airflow Computer Vision Data Mining Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Machine Learning ML Model training +9
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs