Senior Data Engineer - ETL tools (Informatica)
Bucharest, Bucuresti, RO
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Designs and builds solutions to move data from operational (Salesforce) and external environments to the business intelligence environment using Informatica Power Center. Skills include designing and developing extract, transform and load (ETL) processes. Experience includes full lifecycle implementation of the technical components of a business intelligence solution.
- Clarify the technical requirements provided by the client
- Review and analyze source data, analyze and document data flows, and validate mapping specifications and business rules from data source to target
- Design, develop, test ETL workflows, mappings, scripts, stored procedures
- Provide support during user acceptance testing phase
- Fix the bugs identified and raised by the client within the agreed SLAs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in data modeling for data warehousing - star, snowflake schema designs
- At least 3 years experience performing ETL/data integration tools like Informatica, Data Stage, Ab Initio
- At least 5 years experience in SQL with a common RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySql
- Nice to have - experience in 2 or more BI tools like Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years experience in working with Informatica Power Center
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Business Intelligence Consulting Data Warehousing ETL MySQL Oracle Research SQL Tableau