Data Science Manager, Trust
San Francisco, CA
Trust is at the foundation of every Airbnb experience and as such we aim to make it the most trusted platform in the world. As a Data Science Manager, you will lead a team of data scientists to enhance the data-driven decision making process within Trust and keep our community safe. You and your team will define cutting edge experimentation and analytics to quantify the impact of trust product & operations and partner with them to create enhancements to boost efficiency of models and quality of user experience. As a senior leader in Data Science, you will set best practices, architect solutions, design processes and manage a highly skilled team that continues to grow.
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to lead a sizable team to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some of the challenges you will face include:
- Defining and evaluating key metrics and understanding what moves them and why
- Leading investigation of evolving fraud trends to extract patterns, identify root causes and propose actionable solutions
- Communicating analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Empowering the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets
- 8+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- 5+ years of management experience in analytics/data science
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in one of the analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead seamless execution of it
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Ability to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Background in statistics and experimentation or acquired knowledge in this area.
- Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Experience in Operations Research, Optimization, or Operational Analysis is a plus
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status