Data Engineer (TS//SCI)
Reston, Virginia, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our team provides senior National Security leaders with decision-worthy data and analysis to improve the effectiveness of Intelligence and AI/ML system supporting DoD Warfighters. We are seeking a cleared Data Engineer to join the team of IBMers currently supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security, OUSD(I&S). The team conducts empirical analysis using advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to provide definitive accounts of ISR and AI/ML contributions to operations and generate data-driven acquisition recommendations.
Data engineer responsibilities include: web scraping, ETL, machine learning classification, geospatial analysis, web development, data visualization, and database management.
The role is in the Washington DC area (primarily Reston, Virginia).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Citizen with active TS//SCI clearance or show immediate eligibility according to JPAS security database
- 1+ years of Python data engineering and/or programming experience
- 1+ years of experience architecting, designing and programming applications in hybrid cloud or on-prem environments
- Demonstrate advanced-level use of MS Excel to analyze, manipulate, and visualize data
- Possess strong analytical knowledge, including statistical analysis, data analysis, data visualization, data science, and/or predictive analysis
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a collaborative, team environment, including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of Python data engineering and/or programming experience
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing and programming applications in hybrid cloud or on-prem environments
- 3+ years of applying data engineering and/or programming skills to the analysis of ISR or intelligence systems
- Experience performing database quieries using MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and/or similar SQL/NoSQL database
- Experience with identifying and gathering operational and intelligence data from DoD organizations and systems
- Experience using machine learning technologies for data analysis
- Experience with Linux
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.