Senior Data Engineer
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Lightspeed CommerceThe one-stop commerce platform for retail, hospitality and golf merchants around the world to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Lightspeed Analytics team in Canada. The platform is responsible for collecting and analyzing merchant data to provide them with actionable insights to optimize and grow their businesses. We are a team of 10+ people with skills spanning across the software development spectrum - UX, backend, data, product, QA and support. You will be responsible for supporting the product for our retail merchants, the data pipeline, data architecture and infrastructure.
For this role, you can be located in Canada and also option to work fully remotely or hybrid , +1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a CI/CD environment
- Test Driven Development
- Design and architect our data systems; data sourcing, accessibility, security, quality, governance, discovery, and integration into business processes
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Build automated tests, troubleshoot software issues as well as implement bug fixes
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a Senior level candidate who has experience with the following:
- Developing reliable, highly available and scalable data pipelines
- Building data warehouses, data migrations and data transformations
- Experience with modern data stack: cloud databases like Redshift or BigQuery, ETL/ELT tools and frameworks like dbt.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other workflow orchestration tools is highly desired.
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS or Azure, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Proficiency with Python or Java/Scala, especially for data manipulation and analysis and ability to build, maintain and deploy automated processes with these tools.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
Some familiarity to BI platforms like Looker or Tableau
Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Senior Data Engineer, AWS Marketplace InsightsAWS Big Data Data pipelines Engineering ETL Kinesis Python Redshift Ruby SQL +1
Career development Flex hours Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs