Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer that will become a key team player on the ML engineering team that delivers ML and data driven algorithms to production. You will be working with data scientists in developing micro-services for bleeding edge AI and ML algorithms using a variety of data sources (user-content interaction, natural language content, etc.) for recommendations, search, and other product features. You will be part of the core engineering team whose contributions will help nurture the love of reading in several million kids worldwide.
What you will be doing
- Develop ML micro-services and their deployment pipelines for production recommendation and search algorithms
- Develop custom inference code, where applicable, for ML algorithms developed by data scientist to run in production
- Integrate ML micro-services with the core application backend serving recommendations and search
What you should have
- Master's degree + 2 years experience in CS, EE, or a related field; or Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, or a related field + 5 years experience; or a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated field + 8 years of experience
- Good ML fundamentals (you should be able to articulate at least one classical ML algorithm, e.g., logistic regression, decision trees, random forests, SVMs, etc. and one deep learning algorithm well)
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Strong experience with programming frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, and Scikit-learn
- Experience building scalable model training and and micro-service deployment pipelines using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to haves
- Experience with SQL and working on PHP backend
- Familiar with distributed cache technologies and/or in-memory systems
- Experience with distributed systems at scale
- Knowledge of web frameworks like Flask
- Has previously worked with technologies like gRPC
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Take as you need vacation plan
- $80/month transportation reimbursement
- Weekly yoga
- Unlimited access to our product!