Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Boulder
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals
from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-
kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an
incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space
where you can thrive as a result.
We are growing our Data Science team to take our data modeling and automation to the next level. The Data
Science team is part of the broader Growth Organization (Data Engineering, Digital Product, Marketing) and works
closely with Data Engineers to build and maintain best-in-class data products to improve HelloFresh’s user-
experience and marketing effectiveness. The Data Science department is focused on designing scalable and
automated data products using a variety of big data tools and platforms (AWS Glue, Airflow, Spark, Databricks
Our vision is to maintain a best-in-class automated data platform directing our marketing initiatives on delivering
the right food box at the desired price point to the front door of all our customers.
We are hiring a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to lead HelloFresh’s end-to-end machine learning engineering
initiatives. The job will cover a broad spectrum of projects including developing data pipelines, building and
training models, refining, automating, and putting in production existing and new models and building user
interfaces for some of the data products.
You will ...
● Designing and improving end to end Machine Learning Projects (e.g. lookalike audience and propensity
scores, Forecasting, Media Mix Modeling, lifetime modeling, Churn modeling etc…)
● Provisioning clusters to train models on huge datasets and deploy feature preparation pipelines.
● Deploying and monitoring Models in production (e.g. building artifacts, measuring model drift, etc ...)
● Closing the loop with human interaction: architecting web apps for data products based on ML models.
● Building efficient delivery mechanisms for model outputs (e.g. API, microservices)
● An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with
Product Owners, Data Scientists, and Business Intelligence teams
Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as an
ambassador for state of the art software solutions and industry best practices offering support and
mentorship to colleagues
At a minimum, you have...
● MSc or Ph.D. in STEM Discipline with 5+ years’ related commercial experience are required.
● Minimum 3 years of commercial experience building machine learning models and deploying them in
production. Advanced knowledge of models for classification, regression, and time-series forecasting (e.g.
Gradient Boosting, Random Forests, Lasso Regression, Prophet etc…).
● Minimum 3 years of commercial experience working with Python and proficiency with open source
libraries such as pandas, pyspark, scikit-learn, sqlalchemy. Experience with Apache Spark is also preferred.
● Advanced Coding in SQL is preferred (DDL, DML, CTEs, query optimization, ...).
● Minimum 1 years of experience with Amazon AWS, DevOps, and Automation for CI/CD.
● The ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code. Minimum 3 years of
experience using best practices such as git/github, secrets encryption, yaml/json configurations etc…)
● Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, Grafana) is preferred.
● Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
● Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
● $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
● 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
● Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
● Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
● Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.