Senior Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/x)
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 14 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 6,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
About the Job
Our Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers work in cross-functional teams to build and maintain best-in-class data products to improve HelloFresh’s user-experience and business effectiveness. They are focused on designing scalable and automated data products using a variety of big data tools and platforms (Airflow, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
Our vision is to maintain a best-in-class automated data platform directing our data initiatives to deliver the right food box at the desired price point, fast to the front door of our customers.
We are hiring a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to work on HelloFresh’s end-to-end machine learning engineering initiatives. This job will cover a broad spectrum of projects including developing data pipelines; building and training models; refining, automating, and deploying to production both existing and new models; as well as building user interfaces for some data products.
- Design and improve end to end Machine Learning Projects
- Provision clusters to train models on huge datasets and deploy feature preparation pipelines.
- Deploy and monitor Models in production (e.g. building artifacts, measuring model drift, etc.)
- Build efficient delivery mechanisms for model outputs (e.g. API, events, microservices).
Who we are looking for
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Data Scientists, and Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions and industry best practices offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Excellent educational background; a plus if holding an advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar quantitative field
- Relevant commercial experience in building machine learning models and deploying them in production. Advanced knowledge of models for classification, regression, and time-series forecasting.
- Extensive commercial experience working with Python and proficiency with open source libraries. Experience with Apache Spark is also preferred.
- Advanced coding skills in SQL are preferred.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, DevOps, and Automation for CI/CD.
- The ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code. Skilled in software development best practices (git/github, secrets encryption, yaml/json configurations etc.).
- Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, Grafana).
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.