Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
How would you build a vehicle that perceives what is happening in an off-road environment? Without compromising safety? A system that learns to navigate a solar farm, a mine, or refinery - all without GPS? And can then do the same on-road, delivering shopping in urban areas, or shuttling people around a city centre? We are building Universal Autonomy, we think differently, and would welcome you, if you would like to make the Earth move.
Are you a machine learning engineer, who is a deep learning expert working in perception? Do dynamic occupancy grids and laser pointclouds make your eyes light up? Maybe you’ve practised sensor fusion and employed classical object tracking techniques? If you care about safety, or have built safety-related systems then read on...
We are an international startup, scaling-up rapidly (250+ and growing). Our base is in Oxford, but we are hiring in multiple countries, and have hybrid and/or flexible work arrangements. The problems we are solving require diversity of thought, so we are committed to, and welcome diverse backgrounds and individuality.
Joining us as a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be working in our “Perception” team. Initially focused on developing laser-based dynamic occupancy grid mapping, your role will work directly with your peers to solve autonomy challenges with a safety focus. You will develop techniques to generate self-supervised training data, at scale, using Python, as well as multimodal perception algorithms.
What you bring:
- Deep learning expert working in Perception
- Python: experience developing ML pipelines (from training to deployment)
Extra kudos if you have:
What we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Company share programme
- Hybrid and/or flexible work arrangements
- £3,000 flexible benefits including private medical insurance, critical illness coverage, life assurance, EAP, group income protection
- Funded relocation support
- Fully funded Visa sponsorship if required
- A salary exchange pension plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A pet friendly office environment
- Safe assigned spaces for team members with individual and diverse needs
At Oxbotica, we’re fuelled by a bold purpose: to make the Earth move.
From passenger shuttles to industrial vehicles; from congested city streets to mines, our industry-leading autonomy software platform enables any vehicle to operate itself safely, securely and efficiently. We call it Universal Autonomy. It is changing how people and goods move.
We are a world-class team guided by a shared vision to bring the benefits of autonomy to our customers and users. Using our skills, experience and diversity, we are solving the most exciting and important technological challenges of our times, and creating a safer and more sustainable future for people and our planet.
Our 250+ (and growing) team members in the UK and Canada are building, scaling and commercialising our universal autonomy software to serve immediate market and deployment opportunities.
We’re seeking bold, creative, hyper-skilled people to join us. Come create the future of autonomy with us at Oxbotica. Become an “Oxbot”.
At Oxbotica, our diverse and inclusive culture fuels our growth. We celebrate individuality, foster an environment in which trust and respect flourish, and believe that innovation thrives when powered by different perspectives, experiences and ideas. Our purpose, values and principles anchor us as we grow.
Learn more about our culture here
Other jobs like this
Machine Learning Engineer - EMEA RemoteMachine Learning ML Model training Open Source Transformers
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Software Engineer (Machine Learning - Perception)C++ Computer Vision Data pipelines Deep Learning Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML Model training NumPy +6
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care Medical leave +2
Intermediate Data Engineer - Data PlatformAgile Athena AWS Business Intelligence DynamoDB Elasticsearch ETL ETL pipelines Git GitLab +12
Career development Flex hours Health care Startup environment Team events +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs