Sr. Applied Scientist, Digital Media Sciences
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies, TV shows, Channels and Live Events, offering the greatest choice in what to watch on-demand or in real-time on large gamut of devices (mobile phone, PCs, Macs, gaming consoles and Fire TV etc.). We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. We work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Our team builds and operates systems that ingest, process and transform digital media (e.g. video, audio, timed text) into engaging experience for streamers. We leverage Computer Vision for video understanding to power new experiences like video summarization and interactive playback. We also build the CVML models to remove defects from the media, semantically analyze (e.g. video meta-data extraction) and enrich (e.g. annotations) to shape the streamer CX before (Search, Discovery & Detail Page) and after (Skip Intro, Next Up) the “play button is pressed”.
We are building a new team for Applied Science and are looking for specialized talent to join us in our mission to build deep expertise in 1) Semantic video understanding – for unlocking information from catalog to enhance search and discovery experiences; 2) Automatic extraction and generation of content – for new and engaging experiences and increasing coverage by auto generating Subs and Dubs; and 3) Multimodal learning – for identifying the scene boundaries for broad application in various video streaming solutions like insertion of advertisements at accurate scene transitions.
As a Applied Scientist you will be the founding member and thought leader for the team. You will apply state of art computer vision research to video centric digital media. You will be responsible for creating a strong environment for applied science in order to recruit, retain and develop top talent. You will identify research directions, create roadmaps for forward-looking research and communicate them to senior leadership. You will work with talented peers and a number of senior and junior scientists on the team as well as have the opportunity to grow the science team to meet the always increasing needs of our customers.
It has never been a more exciting time for AI and Computer Vision.We are in a green-field space of research which is overdue for disruption.
Key job responsibilities
This role is for being the founding member and thought leader for the newly formed DMS team. The idea candidate will apply state of art computer vision research to video centric digital media and will be responsible for creating a strong environment for applied science in order to recruit, retain and develop top talent. The candidate will identify research directions, create roadmaps for forward-looking research and communicate them to senior leadership. The person will hire and develop the applied scientist and grow the science team to meet the always increasing needs of our customers.
About the team
Our team is focused on developing foundational scientific capabilities that are essential for transforming Prime Video into the best next-generation media application. We conduct research in video understanding, video synthesis, and multimodal learning. In partnership with engineering and business teams, we create novel and high-quality viewing experiences that delight Prime Video customers and are powered by our research.
- PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
- 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Hands-on professional experience with Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NLP or speech processing.
• Fluency in a high-level modeling language such as R, Python, Matlab or other statistical software.
• Experience with popular deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe).
- Serve as a lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects and ensure the quality of the solutions.
- Contribute intellectual property through patents and leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art.
- Assist in the career development, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other competing systems in the industry.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, CreditAWS Azure Credit risk Economics Engineering Finance GCP ML Pandas Python +3
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +5
Data ScientistAnaconda Business Intelligence Data Mining Deep Learning Economics Engineering Machine Learning Open Source Python Research +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Scientist x 2Agile Banking Consulting Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning Python R Scala Spark
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care +4
Research Scientist (Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems)Classification Deep Learning Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Recommender systems Research Scala Scikit-Learn +1
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs