Sr. Data Scientist
San Mateo - HQ
Senior Data Scientist
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
The Senior Data Scientist role has high visibility and is positioned to impact decisions made across GoPro’s Direct to Consumer, Product, and Marketing business units. This role will directly impact company revenue, influencing company strategy and tactics as we shift our business focus toward direct to consumer opportunities.
- Work with E-commerce, advertising, CRM, marketing, and product team partners to identify opportunities to drive value, including customer segmentation, customer journey optimization and site optimizations to drive engagement and conversion
- Responsible for tracking, reporting and analyzing online user behavior, campaign performance, and conversion rates throughout the customer journey; including recommendations for conversion improvements and A/B testing
- Manage implementation, maintenance, and improvement of digital solutions, including Google Analytics, tagging partners and customer data platforms
- Utilize code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems
- Execute end to end insights projects include data collecting, data cleaning, exploratory analysis, model selection, model evaluation, and interpreting results
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field like data science/engineering/statistics/math/physics
- 3-5 years of experience with web analytics/data layer and their integration to tools such as Google Analytics, Data Studio, and Big Query
- Experience with CRM platforms, including experience with CDPs, identity resolution and ESPs, predictive analytics and digital experience personalization
- Experience in advanced quantitative analysis and machine learning, including regression, classification, clustering, and time-series analyses
- Advanced SQL and Python or R experience working with large multidimensional datasets
- Experience using NetSuite a plus
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discretionary Time Off
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Employee commuter shuttles
- LiveHealthy gym reimbursement
- Innovative wellness programs and on-site fitness classes
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.