Data Analytics Lead
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Data Analytics Lead | Ocado Group | Hatfield | Hybrid (2 days office)
About the position:
Successful organisations base decisions on good evidence and insights. At Ocado we are no different, and as we evolve from innovative retailer to international technology provider we are transforming our approach to people analytics and insights.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Analytics Lead to join our People Analytics team in the People Function. You will lead on how we embed advanced techniques into our delivery for customers and influence and shape how the business makes decisions about our employees through qualitative and quantitative insights.
If you are passionate about storytelling through data-led insights, are inspired by seeing your analytical work drive change and excited about helping to transform the People function globally please read on, apply and tell us about your relevant experience…
Role & Responsibilities:
- Have the desire to be a thought leader and prior technical expertise of advanced analytical techniques to lead on the creation of novel solutions to business problems in a way that is scalable, repeatable and transfers people analytics value to stakeholders globally.
- To strategically partner with stakeholders that require data support and analysis and proactively approach those teams with opportunities. Maturing the capability of stakeholders to use people data and insights to drive better decisions and improved outcomes for the business.
- Act as a visualisation expert, highlighting the implications of the results and decisions that need to be made. Create well-structured, insights, reports and visualisations with clear, consistent messages that influence at the senior level.
- Ensure that the basics of good people analytics are in place; that data is accurate, relevant and timely and methods are appropriate to build trust and understanding in what we do.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience of advanced data analytics techniques, partnering with senior stakeholders, translating data into meaningful evidence-based insights, with technical skills in the manipulation and presentation of compelling analysis and visualisation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to non-specialists, helping others to make good use of research and data to reach evidence-led decisions.
- Comfortable interacting with and influencing stakeholders at all levels and not solely focused on a technical role.
- Experience prioritising and shaping stakeholder needs, balancing planned, reactive and project work as required.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to try and fail quickly, including continuing professional development, particularly in relation to new data analytic tools and methodologies.
- Good understanding of the considerations with data quality and disclosure, and ensuring the quality of results and methodological rigour
- Experience of querying relational databases using SQL.
What would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience using people data
- Use of tools such as BigQuery, Data Studio and Workday
- First class or 2.1 degree with a demonstrable highly numerate or social science content desirable (such as maths, economics, statistics, operational research, data science, psychology)
What can we offer you?
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- Free Shuttlebus to and from nearby train stations
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.
Other jobs like this
Lead Data Scientist, SpainAgile Big Data Data visualization ETL Machine Learning Microservices ML NLP Python Recommender systems +4
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Lead Data Scientist, PolandAgile Big Data Data visualization ETL Machine Learning Microservices ML NLP Python Recommender systems +4
Career development Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs