Associate Machine Learning Scientist
Mountain View, United States
AtlassianMillions of users globally rely on Atlassian products every day for improving software development, project management, collaboration, and code quality.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an Associate Machine Learning Scientist to join our Core Machine Learning team based in Mountain View, CA. The Core Machine Learning team builds production machine learning infrastructure and modeling solutions through the end-to-end ML development cycle to produce revenue and MAU improvements across several departments. We offer a unique opportunity to work in a collaborative environment, implementing the latest machine learning techniques, including NLP modeling, to solve tough, yet unique problems in the marketing space.
Your future teamYou'll be a member of the Core Machine Learning team, partnering with the Search Engine Optimization and Content teams to build and ship production machine learning and data science solutions using natural language processing to boost the search engine ranking of Atlassian's websites, boost web traffic, and guide creation and enhancement of marketing content. Your work will help millions of web visitors across a broad range of Atlassian web properties find the content they're looking for.
What you'll do
- Work with our large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and behaviors
- Craft machine learning and predictive models to automatically identify web content enhancement opportunities that boost SEO standing of pages and increase web traffic
- Apply and refine NLP techniques to power content creation and automatic content cross-linking using textual data
- Partner with our SEO and Content team to hone in on top business opportunities, and communicate machine learning work.
- Challenge and enrich yourself in an environment of like-minded ML scientists and engineers, and most importantly have fun!
- On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor or higher degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative subject (statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or physics)
- Industry or academic experience in the data science or machine learning domain
- Experience in Python, familiarity with SQL, knowledge of Spark and cloud data environments (e.g. AWS, Databricks)
- Explain data science and machine learning concepts to diverse audiences and create a compelling story
- Focus on business practicality and the 80/20 rule; very high bar for output quality but recognize the business benefit of "having something now" vs "perfection sometime in the future"
- Agile development approach, appreciating the benefit of review, constant iteration, and improvement within a collaborative team environment
- It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience developing, building, and scaling machine learning models in business applications using large amounts of data.
- Experience working in a consumer or B2C space for a SaaS product provider, or the enterprise/B2B space
- Experience designing and executing user experiments to test hypotheses
- Experience with SEO
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistA/B testing Athena AWS Databricks Engineering Git KPIs Machine Learning PowerBI Python +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Health care Team events
Data Scientist (Predictive Modeling)Business Analytics Classification Consulting Data visualization Engineering Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python R Security +3
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs