Data Engineering Director
Remote - Gurugram, Haryana, India
We are IMMO, a real estate fintech disrupting residential real estate. IMMO makes buying, selling and renting an easy, hassle-free experience. We are building Europe's largest residential fintech platform for institutional investors to enable programmatic real estate investment at scale, unlocking the residential asset class. For sellers, we provide a quick and transparent sales process with a guaranteed offer in 48 hours and our renters enjoy high quality and newly refurbished properties with excellent service.
Founded in 2017, we’re a fast-growing start-up and have received significant institutional and venture funding backed by top European and Global VCs. The team includes serial entrepreneurs and industry leaders with experience from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Uber, Amazon, Procter & Gamble, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, Google, WeWork, etc. and we are looking for talented people to join us on our mission.
We put data at the heart of decision making and believe that opinions don’t affect facts, but facts affect opinions. We are straightforward, open-minded, creative and not afraid to challenge others. If this sounds like you too… read on!
- Develop the BI & Data Science function together with the Head of BI & Data Science and other analytics leaders. Support the successful adoption of analytics across Immo with easy and quick access to relevant data.
- Work closely with our analytics and engineering teams and help them to work with data more effectively and efficiently. Understand data problems and needs. Propose and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Create the roadmap for and establish our central data platform capabilities. Build and lead a team of data engineers. Agree and drive the implementation of a common data architecture with our product and engineering teams.
- Lead efforts to resolve ad-hoc challenges across the business. Identify opportunities on how to use data, insights and analytics more powerfully to automate and optimise our processes and solutions.
- You have previous experience leading data engineers or analytics teams successfully solving data engineering and architecture challenges in a complex and fast-moving business environment.
- A good understanding of the different data needs of analytics and engineering teams and how they could be met. Ideally, you have already successfully supported analytics and/or engineering teams with data platform capabilities. You effectively enabled & trained others to work with the tools and services you provided.
- You have strong experience working with SQL and RDBMS. Ideally, you already worked with or even managed cloud data warehouses like Snowflake or BigQuery. You used or ideally managed message brokers (like Kafka) to share data updates across services and applications.
- You have a solid understanding of software design principles, DevOps and cloud infrastructure. MLOps, big data or real-time processing is a plus.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across our offices. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, prioritise your focus based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish
- Flexible leave policy
- Flexible working policy, we believe that work is something you do not when you have to do it
- Mental Health Assistance
- A truly collaborative culture where the best ideas win, not the person with the most senior title
- The ability to figure out your own solutions, and the responsibility to implement them
- A culture that is devoid of egos, where People > Product > Profits
Other jobs like this
6sense Insights, Inc.
Director Data ScientistBig Data Data visualization Engineering Hadoop Kibana Machine Learning NLP Predictive modeling Python R +4
Career development Flex vacation Gear Health care Insurance +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs