Big Data Engineer
NielsenA global leader in audience insights, data and analytics, Nielsen shapes the future of media with accurate measurement of what people listen to and watch.
Nielsen is not just a TV ratings company anymore. We have evolved into the leading media data technology company. We help the biggest names out there, from Amazon, Google, and Sony to the hottest new contenders. From Hollywood to Bollywood, Streaming to Broadcast, and Gaming to Sports, everything we do revolves around audience and content.
Gracenote Content Analytics is a division of Nielsen that focuses on understanding how content affects audiences: movies, television programs, and music! We work on products that help our customers with analytics and visualizations ranging from whether their programs are diverse and inclusive to whether they are wonderfully bingeable. This year we are expanding our product offerings and looking for strong developers to help us build!
If you are creative and motivated, and you love media and entertainment, we want you on our development team! Our team combines data from across Nielsen, including our industry-standard audience measurement and our industry-leading content metadata. We enrich that data and produce a wealth of metrics and insights that our clients depend on to improve the quality of their content. The tools and platforms we use primarily include Spark and Airflow. We develop mostly in Python and deploy in AWS. If you’re experienced with Big Data tools, methods, and familiar with at least one programming language and love learning, please apply! Our team is small, diverse, agile, and we like building things fast. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself in areas like big data, cloud computing, data lake architecture, and data orchestration. This is a perfect opportunity for people who want to learn and grow. We will invest in you and hope you will be with us for the long term.
- If you’re missing a couple of the points below we still want you to apply. If you have strong fundamentals the rest can be picked up in a short period of time. Being able to express your logic in a programming language and the ability to learn new things quickly and apply them are fundamental.
- Excited to join a fast-moving team that is creating an industry-changing product
- Team player with flexible, proactive and pragmatic attitude
- Experience with Big Data tools, platforms, and methods
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or proven experience in the field
- The ability to communicate clearly and work independently
- Knowledge of and experience with data engineering best practices
- Experienced with SQL
- Experience with (big) data workloads; including handling data quality issues, big data scaling issues, etc.
- Familiar with at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS (especially S3 and EMR)
- Familiar with source code version-control repositories like GitHub or similar
- Basic understanding of data lakes / data warehousing.
- Knowledge of and experience with column-oriented data storage formats (ORC,
- Knowledge of and experience with Airflow
Our team views diversity as a strength and we are looking for people who will help us build an inclusive culture of belonging where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Nielsen is a one hundred year old company that is even more relevant today. It’s a great place to make a career!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs