Big Data Engineer
United Kingdom, London
PlayStation GlobalErkunde die neue Generation von PlayStation 4- und PS5-Konsolen – erlebe immersives Gaming mit Tausenden Spiele-Hits aus allen Genres, die die Regeln für das, was eine PlayStation-Konsole kann, neu schreiben.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios is the game development division of Sony PlayStation, and is responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises on PlayStation, including Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, and Gran Turismo.
We work with some of the best game studios in the world, and use data to help them make their games even better. We are looking for talented people to join us in pushing the boundaries of game analytics for PlayStation games.
You have a passion for video games and a solid background in software development. You’re looking for a fun, dynamic environment to take on new challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll work in our cross-disciplinary team to scale our platform, expand its reach, and help define and build the future of analytics for PlayStation games.
What we are looking for:
- You are adept at writing code in Python and/or Go
- You are experienced in building robust, scalable, and resilient services
- You are comfortable writing microservices and owning the delivery of end-to-end data products
- You’re excited by Big Data projects and technology
- You’re committed to quality as a top priority
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
- You have experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other major cloud platform
- Bonus points for experience with Spark, analytic databases, and modern console games.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Other jobs like this
Software Engineer, Detection & Machine Learning m/f/dCaffe Classification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering GPU Machine Learning MXNet Python Research +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Lunch / meals Snacks / Drinks +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs