Research Scientist (Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence)
Mountain View, CA or Irvine, CA
Title: Research Scientist (Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence)
Location: Mountain View, CA or Irvine, CA
Lab: VD intelligence lab
Samsung is the world’s largest consumer electronics company and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs. Samsung smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation.
The VD intelligence lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services. We have two office locations in California: Irvine and Mountain View. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services.
The Core Machine Learning research team at Samsung Research America (SRA), part of Samsung’s Visual Display Intelligence Lab, located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated research scientist. We are looking for candidates with expertise in deep learning, computer vision, speech and language understanding.
You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems. You will also have the opportunity to publish at top-tier conferences in deep learning, computer vision, speech, and language understanding. As a research scientist, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment.
- Conduct advanced research for machine learning, computer vision, data mining, and natural language understanding
- Collaborate with other colleagues to apply research results to prototypes and real-world applications
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
- Contribute to the organization’s strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
- Summarize research findings in high-quality papers and make submissions to top-tier conferences
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline (with focus on Machine Learning)
- A strong publication record in top-tier machine learning conferences and journals
- Experience with ML frameworks such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc
- Technically deep in the principles of building large-scale machine learning systems
- Experience with deep learning and neural networks
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithm design
- Strong fundamentals in applied statistics and probability
- Experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Familiar with ML algorithms such as but not limited to Regression, Classification, Clustering, etc.
- Experience with regularization techniques such as but not limited to: Dropout, weight decay, generative pre-training, etc.
- Ability to understand recent ML research papers and adapt those models to real world products
- Self-directed, flexible, goal oriented and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience and familiarity with multi-task learning
- Experience and familiarity with natural language generation
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, CreditAWS Azure Credit risk Economics Engineering Finance GCP ML Pandas Python +3
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +5
Data ScientistAnaconda Business Intelligence Data Mining Deep Learning Economics Engineering Machine Learning Open Source Python Research +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Scientist x 2Agile Banking Consulting Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning Python R Scala Spark
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care +4
Research Scientist (Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems)Classification Deep Learning Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Recommender systems Research Scala Scikit-Learn +1
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs