CohereHarness the power of language understanding. Join the developers and businesses who are using Cohere to generate, categorize and organize text at a scale that was previously unimaginable.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?Cohere For AI is the dedicated non-profit arm of Cohere, and our mission is to lower the barriers to entry to machine learning research and support a community of independent research talent across the world. We are committed to collaborating widely and empowering independent researchers around the world.
For AI intends to execute this mission through two different efforts 1) create spaces where engineers, researchers and multidisciplinary experts can connect and contribute to NLP and machine learning research, and 2) provide research training that brings in new talent from across the world to the field of machine learning.
As a research scientist, you have an independent high impact research agenda and are excited to work with researchers from all over the world. You actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings and code. Your work evidences a consideration for the societal and ethical implications of machine learning. You have a strong track record of mentorship and are excited to collaborate with independent researchers around the world who are new to the machine learning and NLP community.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Research Scientist, you will have:
- Ph.D. or equivalent research experience
- Peer-reviewed publications in machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Strong machine learning and NLP fundamentals
You may be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy collaborating widely
- Have a track record of mentorship and are excited to democratize access to machine learning
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
Our Perks: 🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment 🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research 🍽 Free daily lunch 🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health 🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada and 12 weeks in the US🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, CreditAWS Azure Credit risk Economics Engineering Finance GCP ML Pandas Python +3
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +5
Senior Data ScientistA/B testing Athena AWS Databricks Engineering Git KPIs Machine Learning PowerBI Python +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Health care Team events
Data ScientistAnaconda Business Intelligence Data Mining Deep Learning Economics Engineering Machine Learning Open Source Python Research +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs