Senior Cheminformatics Data Scientist
London, United Kingdom
BenevolentAIBenevolentAI is revolutionising drug discovery and development with AI and machine learning to empower scientists to discover new ways to treat disease.
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Chemoinformatics Data Scientist with demonstrable expertise in drug discovery project work to apply state of the art methods to positively impact the advancement of our small molecule Drug Discovery programmes.
You will contribute to a high performing cross-functional team that seek to apply their knowledge to a diverse range of programmes from Target Identification through to Hit ID, Hit Expansion and Lead Optimisation.
We’ve assembled an exceptionally diverse, talented and spirited team who sincerely enjoy coming to work every single day to bring their ideas and a real passion for new technology and medical discovery. You will work alongside recognised thought leaders at the cross-section of Machine Learning, Chemistry data and Drug Discovery.
You will apply your skills and experience to advance the drug discovery programmes in our portfolio. This includes devising computational solutions to project-specific challenges and applying new and existing technologies to support the needs of our wider portfolio.
- Lead the cheminformatics and computational modelling support for several drug discovery projects, working closely with medicinal and computational chemists, and the rest of the project team.
- Play an integral role in efficiently and effectively transitioning projects from target identification into active drug discovery chemistry projects.
- Develop processes, customisable workflows and computational techniques that can be adapted and applied across the drug discovery portfolio.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with members of the Chemoinformatics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Drug Discovery, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Engineering, UX and Product teams to deliver BenevolentAI corporate strategic goals.
- Nurture talent at BenevolentAI by sharing experience and offering a mentoring role, where appropriate.
We are looking for someone with:
- PhD in Chemoinformatics, Computational Chemistry, Molecular Modelling or a closely related field.
- A solid understanding of Chemoinformatics approaches and their application to live drug discovery projects, and being able to objectively design scientifically-merited experiments.
- Prior experience of drug discovery project support, such as implementing compound library design, QSAR, docking, virtual screening, molecular fragmentation, structure-based drug design, pharmacophore generation and analysis, or multi-parameter optimisation.
- Strong in at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Strong and demonstrable programming and technical skills and familiar with open source and proprietary Chemoinformatics libraries e.g. RDKit or other leading industry toolkits.
- Experience in commercial tools, such as those from Schrodinger, ChemAxon, and KNIME.
- Capable of processing and deriving novel insights from large chemical data resources, e.g. ChEMBL, SureChEMBL, and PubChem.
- Innovator of new ideas and approaches in the Chemoinformatics and Computational Chemistry fields of research, as demonstrated by appropriate papers, presentations, or code contributions to open source projects.
- Excellent communicator, especially when working with colleagues from other specialities.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Other jobs like this
Research Scientist, Computer VisionClassification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Research Scala +2
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Lead Data Scientist, SpainAgile Big Data Data visualization ETL Machine Learning Microservices ML NLP Python Recommender systems +4
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Lead Data Scientist, PolandAgile Big Data Data visualization ETL Machine Learning Microservices ML NLP Python Recommender systems +4
Career development Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs