Data Engineer I, Customer Behavior Analytics
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Customer Behaviour Analytics (CBA) team is looking for a Data Engineer - I to lead the development of a scalable BigData and analytics solution. If you have strong dive deep, engineering excellence and operational excellence skills, come join us, in re-defining some of the core tenets of consumer level analytics, at the earth's most customer centric company!
CBA is focused on supporting three primary goals from the Consumer Marketing long term plan: incorporating the “true value” of marketing into decisions, driving engagement, and personalizing marketing for each customer. To do so, CBA builds various machine learning based products on top of customer behavior data available across Amazon. This position is for a technical leader for products measuring perception change brought by the marketing campaigns and thereby tagging an economic value to it. This position can also be changed to virtual work and can be worked remotely anywhere across US.
Key job responsibilities
- You will be responsible for architecting and delivering a new measurement/attribution platform. In addition you will raise the bar on an already well developed set of analytic frameworks that drive measurements and decisions across multiple marketing channels.
- You will be designing analytic applications that capture data from disparate sources, draw econometric inferences from statistical algorithms and drive optimal decision making.
- You will apply your expertise to build software capable of attributing consumer activity to marketing campaigns.
- You will partner with the best technology solution providers at Amazon and help to develop a world class analytic software
A day in the life
· Design systems that extract and process volumes of disparate data using a variety of econometric and machine learning approaches using libraries in Python, Scala and others. Systems should be designed to scale with exponential growth in data and run continuously.
· Leverage knowledge of advanced software system and algorithm development to build our measurement and optimization engine.
· Serve as technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations as well as analytic inter-dependencies to build efficient solutions
About the team
The team solves the need for continuous, timely and reliable perception measurement for own and operated (O&O) campaigns.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help you develop to take on more complexity in the future. We also expect you to contribute to this environment by your own mentoring and by fostering collaboration and growth in your team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 3+ years industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated strength in ETL/ELT, modeling, warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components and reporting/analytic tools.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large sets.
- 1+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, Scala etc.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (S3, EC2, Data Pipeline etc.).
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space.
- Experience in Python and/or other data ingestion languages and tools.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Analyst, Worldwide Commercial Insights, Analytics and Data ScienceBusiness Intelligence Data visualization Economics Engineering Excel Finance Machine Learning Power BI Python SQL +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs