Site Reliability Engineer - Machine Learning Team (remote in France possible)
Remote - Paris, Île-de-France, France
Are you interested in working with a modern, cloud native stack? Do you want to become an expert at CI/CD, IaC, monitoring and cloud services. Then this might be the position for you!
N.B. We welcome juniors with a burning passion for DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering to apply for this position. We have a considerable amount of SRE knowledge to share from both engineers in the team, as well as from our SRE guild. As such, there will be a thorough onboarding, plenty of knowledge sharing, mentoring and opportunities for online courses offered as part of this role.
The role you’ll play
As our SRE, you will work together with the team on automating all stages and steps of the software development, deployment, and operation process. You will help ensure that our services are hosted in a scalable and highly available way. You will also work together with other SREs in Languagewire on setting up the best tools and practices, and implement and share these with your team.
The team you’ll be a part of
Our ML team is a cross functional team consisting of ML Engineers, Fullstack Developers and Data Engineers (and you as an SRE). The team is responsible for building Languagewire's core machine translation, or real-time MT product 'Languagewire Translate' and various analytics solutions. The team is highly international and consists of engineers distributed across 4 countries. All teams in Languagewire operate according to the “You build it, you run it” paradigm. The team's stack primarily consists of:
- Azure DevOps pipelines for CI/CD
- Microservice architecture hosted in Google Kubernetes Engine
- Python/FastAPI and Celery with Redis/RabbitMQ
- Apache Airflow and BigQuery
Note that we use fully managed services wherever possible. You will not be doing system administration with us.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Help ensure all existing applications/pipelines adhere to DevOps and SRE best practices
- Help create CI/CD for future components, and improve for existing
- Code and automate infrastructure with IaC
- Build sophisticated continuous monitoring & observability
- Cooperate with SREs from other teams to align, unify, and improve our DevOps practices
- Share your SRE knowledge with engineers inside the team
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You feel at home working with Kubernetes, Terraform, and CI/CD in Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Our CI/CD is managed in such a way that every team member is able to set it up from scratch for a new project
- Our services all operate in a highly scalable, available and cost efficient manner
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- A passion for DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
- An engineers mindset to troubleshooting and information search
- Solid communication skills (in English)
- B.Sc. in computer science (or similar) or corresponding work experience
Knowledge of these will make you stand out
- Azure DevOps Services
- Experience with a major cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success, and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait 'til tomorrow? Apply today!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ana Catalá, People Acquisition Partner at email@example.com!
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, Atlanta and Valencia
- 360 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- Enjoy LanguageWire's three flexible work options tailored to how you work best. Depending on your team, you may have the option to work full-time from the office as an "Office Bee," part-time from the office as a "Nomad," or full-time from home as a "Homey."
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun!
Other jobs like this
Data EngineerAirflow Athena AWS Databricks DynamoDB Engineering Pandas PostgreSQL Python Redshift +3
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care Salary bonus
Product Owner - BI Analytics - RemoteAgile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data Studio Data visualization Engineering Excel Machine Learning Power BI Research +3
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Startup environment Team events +1
Senior Data Engineer - DatabricksAgile Athena AWS Big Data Blockchain Consulting Databricks Data pipelines Docker Engineering +21
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Relocation support
NEW Intermediate Data EngineerAgile Athena AWS Business Intelligence DynamoDB Elasticsearch ETL ETL pipelines Git GitLab +12
Career development Flex hours Health care Startup environment Team events +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs