Data Engineer, Rev Analytics, Revenue Analytics
US, TX, Virtual Location - Texas
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch is searching for a Data Engineer with a motivated mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations. You should understand a want to build a culture of customer-first partnerships and have the desire to evolve the value of Twitch and Amazon IT's engineering organization. Working with teams with Amazon and Twitch Advertising and others in Corporate Engineering, you will directly affect important company-wide functions. You will help build data warehouses, data pipelines, and promote data and analytics use across many business services such as Pricing and Yield, Sales Operations, Business Systems, Ad Operations and Sales. You will report to our Manager of Revenue Analytics within Twitch’s Strategic Planning Organization
Key job responsibilities
Build data pipelines: Manage data pipelines consist of a series of stages through which data flows. Architecting and creating data pipelines will be the primary responsibility of the data engineer.
Partner with cross functional data teams on both the Amazon side and Twitch side to standardize ad delivery source of truth.
Drive Automation through metadata management: You will use modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable data preparation to minimize manual and error-prone processes.
Collaborate across departments: You will need strong partnership skills to work with varied partners. In particular, the data engineer will work in close relationship with data science teams and with business (data) analysts in refining their data requirements.
Participate in ensuring compliance with data classification and handling guidelines: Working with information stewards in vetting and promoting content created to ensure all data complies with Twitch's data classification and handling guidelines.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
Experience in SQL
Preferred QualificationsPreferred qualifications
At least three years of work experience in data management disciplines including data architecture, data integration, modeling, optimization, and data quality or other areas directly relevant to data engineering tasks.
At least two years of experience working in teams with collaborators to support a departmental or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative.
Experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as Go or Python hosted on AWS EC2 or Lambda
Can design and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, and workload management.
Experience working with and optimizing existing ETL processes and data integration and data preparation flows and moving them in production.
Experience working with a spectrum of NoSQL, RDBMS and data stores like AWS Redshift, Athena, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer/ ETL -- Production Operations Support AnalystAgile AWS Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Informatica Linux +5
401(k) matching Health care Insurance Salary bonus Startup environment
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning InfrastructureAirflow AWS Cassandra Classification Distributed Systems Engineering Google Cloud Hadoop Kafka Kubernetes +11
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs